Please sign & share to end dog chaining! Thank you! Click here to lend your support.
Celebrities who have shown support for Donna in this crusade, by either “re-tweeting” Donna’s videos/photos on Twitter, “favoriting her tweets,” “following Donna” or responding to Donna in favor of her efforts:
- Wynonna Judd – Country Music Star
- Lisa Vanderpump – of of The Real Housewives, Vanderpump Rules, & other Reality TV Shows.
- The Barbi Twins, of Playboy Mansion/Hugh Heffner fame, who are apparently also animal activists
- Broadway Star Christina Bianco
- Actor Sam Kalidi from the war movie “Redacted,” & other films
- Linda Hogan, Reality TV Star & former wife of famous wrestler Hulk Hogan
- Lea Black, Real Housewives of Miami star, & other shows
- John Pearce – well known Animal Advocate
- Darren Kavinoky – Host & Creator of Deadly Sins on the Discovery ID Channel, legal analyst, and Interventionist on Breaking Point on ID, as well as many other shows
Let’s put a stop to dog chaining in America! Please take a moment, to end a LIFETIME of suffering for chained dogs! A million+ signatures would speak volumes to Law Makers, and hopefully be a catalyst for change! (I specifically addressed my State Law Makers, but if enough signatures could be acquired, the Federal Government would have to listen!)
So many dogs are suffering night & day in cold temperatures while chained up. This is no life for a dog, or any animal, to be tied up 24/7. I urge State & Federal Law Makers to strongly consider the CRUELTY, and NEGLECT, of an animal, living his ENTIRE life, while attached to a stationary object.
Does it seem right to tie an animal to an object, an animal known to be extremely smart, and unconditionally loving, and to have them unfairly exist in the elements for the duration of it’s life? If you think not, please sign & share.
There are no easy solutions, but I am willing to organize a group to build fences for pet owners. I can’t stand to see one more dog freezing out in the weather, or sitting in the pouring rain! It’s not fair! Dogs are so much smarter than that! They are MAN’S BEST FRIEND. They deserve more than that. We owe it to them, to take care of them, if we take them in as pets!
As people, when we are cold, we move around. Dogs tied up, cannot even move around enough to stay warm! It’s a hard life. Spare a moment to sign, to end a LIFETIME of suffering!
I wrote two songs, to touch hearts, and provoke change/thought/actions/ on this issue:
(“Dog On A 10 Foot Chain,” on You Tube) http://youtu.be/GZn5qKJs2rU
(“One Less Dog In The Cold,” on You Tube) http://youtu.be/cBlWY7jT9ts
Albert, formerly a chained dog, living it up, with his rescued friend “Toot!” Please sign my petition to UNCHAIN DOGS today! Spare a moment to end a LIFETIME of suffering for chained dogs!
Anyone with a heart, should be moved by these two songs, and should respond accordingly to this call for action! None of God’s creatures want to be tied up out in the elements. Please spread the word, and encourage everyone to sign this petition, to end this cruel existence. Thank you for your support on this matter, and please help end the pain and suffering immediately!
Like my Facebook page, “Dogs Without Chains.”
T-Shirts available on the Store page – proceeds benefit no kill shelters.
Contact me at Donna@DonnaHughes.com
“He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.” ~Harold Wilson
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” ~Victor Frankl
“The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.” ~William Blake
Check out some of the radio chart success for the song “Dog On A 10 Foot Chain”
Here are samples of some of the online coverage:
The Little Things: Tiny Rescue Kitten Thinks Big Dog is his Mama (these are Donna’s pets)
Donna was interviewed by Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalist, Joey Kennedy about her song & petition:Joey also did a follow up article on Donna:
- Music News Nashville
- Music News Miami
- Americana Rag
- Prescription Bluegrass – Donna Hughes Sings About Animal Rights
- Chicago Reader
- Talking Dogs
- Deep Roots Magazine – See excerpt below.
- Hope River Entertainment
“But the most amazing moment on From the Heart, arguably, comes in ‘Dog On a 10 Foot Chain.’ This somber, acoustic-based ballad is literally a chained dog’s lament over his thoughtless owners—’they forget to give me water/they forget I’m here/they don’t know how smart I am/they don’t even see my tears/what did I do wrong/what did I do/just want someone to love me as I love you…’ (that last part will have you misty-eyed, much like your faithful friend and narrator). Nice atmospherics by Rob Ickes on dobro and Cory Piatt on mandolin will tug at your heart as surely as Ms. Hughes’s plaintive, measured vocal. Dog songs are among the rarest of musical breeds, if you will, and for the life of me I can’t think of one this affecting since Elvis’s cover of Red Foley’s “Old Shep” on his second RCA album in 1956.” DEEP ROOTS MAGAZINE
Please sign my petition, and share! Please re-share on the following “Dog Holidays!” THANK YOU!
- *January: Change a Pet’s Life Day
- *February is Unchain a Dog Month AND Responsible Pet Owners Month
- *February: Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week
- *February: National Justice for Animals Week.
- *February: Love Your Pet Day *April – Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month(ASCPA)
- *April: National Pet Day
- *Third week in April. Animal Cruelty/Human Violence Awareness Week. An effort by the Humane Society of the United States
- *National Pet Week – Early May
- *National Pet month -May
- *Mid-June: Animal Rights Awareness Week
- *Take Your Dog to Work Day – Late June
- *July: National Mutt Day. Also December
- *National Dog Day – August
- *National Humane Education Society Founded 1948 – Sep. 15
- *National Dog Week – Mid-September
- *October – National Pet Wellness Month
- *National Day of Animal Rights – December